qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] sniffing traffic between virtual machines

From: Alexander Binun
Subject: [Qemu-devel] sniffing traffic between virtual machines
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:53:56 +0200 (IST)

Hello Friends,
   Thanks for your hints; they really helped us!

We are trying to monitor the traffic (network packets etc) between VMs in KVM.
We succeeded to get the address of the system call table (see
http://syprog.blogspot.co.il/2011/10/hijack-linux-system-calls-part-iii.html)
and intercept the system calls going through the kernel.

In such a way we see ALL system calls (including those which were not initiated
from within VMs).

How can we filter out the system calls not related to VMs ? What is your
opinion regarding our approach ?

Best Regards,
   Mark, Martin, Alex