qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC for-next 0/2] QOM VMStateDescription remix

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC for-next 0/2] QOM VMStateDescription remix
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:39:08 +0000

On 7 February 2014 21:28, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have found a single such case: armv7m_nvic overrides arm_gic_common
> with a completely different vmsd. How can we fix that? :)

We can deduce from this that nobody's been using migration
with the Cortex-M3, since it would obviously be totally busted.
So the answer is "any way you like". The M profile code in
QEMU is not really maintained; mostly I just accept patches
that don't make things worse.

What the code is presumably attempting to do is add the
extra fields for the systick timer on top of the base state
for the interrupt controller. Personally I'd be tempted to
split systick out into its own little device. (It's only bundled
in with the NVIC because this code predates memory
regions and at the time you couldn't really do the system
register region any other way.)

thanks
-- PMM