qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kill /destroy a VM - help

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kill /destroy a VM - help
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 12:28:34 +0100

Il 06/03/2014 11:31, Alexander Binun ha scritto:
Then - more questions :
   1. How can I access the Qemu process (relevant to a given VM) from within in
the kernel context (being in a kernel module) ?

The struct pid for the VCPU is in the "pid" field of struct kvm_vcpu.

From there if needed you can get the task (with pid_task) and the task's thread group leader (the task's group_leader), and send a signal to it.

   2. Should I uninitialize some internal structures for the VM being killed ?

No, it will happen automatically. When QEMU is terminated, the VM's file descriptor is closed and this frees all internal structures.

   3. My module detects malicious activities at a VCPU. How can one get the VM
owning this VCPU ?

Field "kvm" in struct kvm_vcpu points to the struct kvm for the VM.

Paolo