qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to apply for Google Summer of Code

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to apply for Google Summer of Code
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:53:06 +0100

Dear students,
Applications for Google Summer of Code opened on Monday, 10th of March
and will continue until Friday, 21st of March.

The common question we are getting is "How do I apply?" :).

Here is the application checklist:

1. Choose a project idea and get in touch with the mentor.  The
project ideas and mentors are listed here:
http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014

2. Put together a rough project plan (design + schedule) that breaks
down the solution you are proposing.  You can email a draft to your
mentor for feedback or ask for clarifications about the project idea.

3. Go to http://google-melange.com/, log in and submit your
application form for QEMU.  The application template is here:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/qemu

Remember the deadline for applications Friday, 21st of March.  You can
reach mentors on #qemu-gsoc on irc.oftc.net or via email.

Stefan