qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu live migration code

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu live migration code
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:50:02 +0000

* Bechir Bani (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know the source code of qemu which is responsible for the
> migration of virtual machines, more precisely where the part of the code
> that describes the stages of memory transfer. is that you can help me?

It's split around a few files; memory is mostly in arch_init.c;
It's something like:

   migration.c       Overall management
      savevm.c
        qemu-file.c    File buffering/bytes on the wire
        vmstate.c      Structured saving of individual devices
        arch_init.c    RAM special code, and a few other things

What are you trying to do/change?

Dave