qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [GSoC] Wanted: small warmup tasks

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [GSoC] Wanted: small warmup tasks
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:19:19 +0200

On 2014-04-23 11:25, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Dear QEMU, Libvirt, and KVM communities,
> We are participating in Google Summer of Code 2014
> (http://google-melange.com/) and Outreach Program for Women
> (http://opw.gnome.org/).  Both programs fund candidates to work on our
> open source projects for 12 weeks this summer.

To follow up on this: I'm currently looking for optional tiny "warmup"
tasks for our QEMU students during the bonding period (till May 18). If
you have any trivial issues or extensions in mind that someone could
address within a few days or even hours, that would be perfect. It could
even be something like "reformat the printing of these messages" or so.

We used this mechanism last year with the KVM student quite
successfully. The idea is to give the student very early a chance to get
in contact with the community and with the patch submission & review
procedure. So the focus is more on dealing with patches than on solving
a technical problem in QEMU. If all works fine, this should encourage
her/him to work with the community right from the beginning, ask
question, post things early etc.

Jan