qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2014-04-28

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2014-04-28
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:55:58 +0100

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 02:33:58PM +0200, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On 29 April 2014 11:09, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Let's just make clear how to contact us securely, when to contact that
> >> list, and what we'll do with the info.  I cobbled together the
> >> following:
> >> http://wiki.qemu.org/SecurityProcess
> >
> > Looks generally OK I guess. I'd drop the 'how to use pgp' section --
> > anybody who cares will already know how to send us PGP email.
>
> The first paragraph under "How to Contact Us Securely" is fine, the rest
> seems redundant for readers familiar with PGP, yet hardly sufficient for
> the rest.
>
> One thing I like about Libvirt's Security Process page[*] is they give
> an idea on embargo duration.

FWIW I picked the "2 weeks" length myself a completely arbitrary timeframe.
We haven't stuck to that strictly - we consider needs of each vulnerability
as it is triaged to determine the minimum practical embargo time. So think
of "2 weeks" as more of a guiding principal to show the world that we don't
believe in keeping issues under embargo for very long periods of time.

Regards,
Daniel