qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OS X compile fix

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OS X compile fix
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 00:09:21 +0100

On 18 May 2014 23:45, Peter Bartoli <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, just to add, in case it's helpful, "long time" means since 2012-ish, when
> QEMU first came to my attention.  I'm almost always running the current
> version of Mac OS X on the only system I'm running QEMU on, and have always
> had to use that patch to compile it.  This makes me wonder what I'm missing
> that gives you that macro.

For me this simple test program builds:

manooth$ cat /tmp/zz9.c
#include <limits.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
    printf("LONG_LONG_MAX = %llx\n", LONG_LONG_MAX);
    return 0;
}
manooth$ clang -o /tmp/zz9  /tmp/zz9.c
manooth$ /tmp/zz9
LONG_LONG_MAX = 7fffffffffffffff
manooth$ clang --version
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
Thread model: posix

and looking at the preprocessor output it's defined in
/usr/lib/clang/5.0/include/limits.h

(with some include guards, but we're not compiling with
flags that force strict ANSI mode).

However this is just for interest's sake -- we should use the
standard-defined macro rather than the GNU extension
where the former exists...

thanks
-- PMM