qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] (no subject)

From: Puneet Bakshi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:15:29 +0530

Hi,

I want to be able to install RPM packages (available in host system at some path) to the online guest VM and want this facility to be available as a tool.

I am thinking of having a gemu guest agent (qemu-ga) running inside guest VM. I did not find any available command ("virsh qemu-agent-command <guest_vm> ...") which can do the same.

I am planning to implement a command in qemu guest agent, which I can invoke from virsh like below.

    "virsh qemu-agent-command vm_01          \
        '{"execute":"guest-rpm-
install",     \
          "arguments":{"path":"/usr/local/bin/ABC.rpm"}}

I am able to pass arguments from host to guest VM but how am I supposed to pass the whole RPM image from host to guest (which the guest agent can receive and install)?

Basically, I want to know how can we do following in QEMU environment.

    1. take some bulky file from host to guest
    2. perform some operation on that file
    3. get the result of that operation.

Regards,
~Puneet