qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live Migration with different block devices

From: Christopher Covington
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live Migration with different block devices
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:39:03 -0400

On 06/24/2014 05:26 PM, Xiongzi Ge wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> This is just related to migration, but it may be not in the standard
> migration.  The cache device in different hosts can only be accessed by the vm
> running in the host.  The problem for me is to find the interface of the cache
> in the guest or like first doing it in the qemu, after migration, this cache
> should recognize that the cache content storing in the disk has been
> changed.   DOes anyone has good suggestions? Thanks !

I don't know much about storage and don't really understand what you're
describing (what is a cache device?), but I've been using Checkpoint and
Restore in Userspace (CRIU) [1] to move Linux processes between systems with
different (simulated) hardware. The kernels end up with non-identical state,
but that's fine for my purposes.

http://www.criu.org/Main_Page

Christopher

hosted by the Linux Foundation.