qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:14:36 +0200

  Hi,

> From what I can tell, we only ever call the cursor drawing callback on
> non-shared surfaces. Should I deduce that the HW cursor emulation simply
> doesn't work when using shared surfaces ? Or is there another path I
> have missed to handle it ?

Hmm.  Looks like hw-cursor-on-shared-surface broken indeed.  Need to dig
out a guest which actually uses it & go figure when testing your patch
series ...

> It makes sense in a way since we never want to draw the cursor in the
> shared framebuffer, but we could probably handle it by having a small
> separate pixman surface which we paint on top of the final render or
> something like that (or link to a host side HW cursor if any) but I
> can't quite see anything in the code.

There is infrastructure to inform the ui code how the cursor should look
like (grep for "dpy_cursor_define"), so we actually can use the hosts
hardware cursor support.  cirrus doesn't use it though.

cheers,
  Gerd