qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:19:40 +1000

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 21:23 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 13:15 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > TCG works.  Any workaround to make it fly with kvm too?
> >
> > And win98 actually uses the hardware cursor.
>
> Ah ok. I was trying to install NT4 here but was having problems,
> the screen would go yellow and cirrus would stop displaying anything
> when trying to "test" the resolution (without my patches, actually with
> a slightly older qemu too).
>
> I was planning on digging more tomorrow, but I can try Win98 if that's
> easier.

NT4 works a lot better without -enable-kvm :-) (file corruption, general
bad behaviour...).

I can confirm the cursor is missing in 16bpp with cirrus on NT4 as well,
I'll play with it later this week or week-end, unless you beat me to it.

[ Let me know if you start working on it so we don't duplicate work ]

Cheers,
Ben.