qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fw:Re:What does "COW" mean?

From: shhuiw
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fw:Re:What does "COW" mean?
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:47:44 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

Sorry to trouble you.

I posted my question in the user mailing list, but can not get the right answer.
So I forward it to the devel mailing list. Hope to find answer here.

At 2014-09-02 04:33:50, "shhuiw" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm new to qemu community, and I'm trying the COW image format (old but
>simple:-).
>I have read through its source code, and didn't find anything about 'copy on
>write'.
>I wonder wthat "COW" stands for?

Sorry for my unclear expression.
I mean when copy-on-write happens if COW image format is used, and how the COW
driver code handles cop-on-write?

--

Regards,
shhuiw