qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] Patch Round-up for stable 2.1.1, freeze o

From: Michael Roth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] Patch Round-up for stable 2.1.1, freeze on 2014-09-03
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 13:59:01 -0500

Quoting Michael S. Tsirkin (2014-09-03 12:57:24)
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 04:58:04PM -0500, Michael Roth wrote:
> > Quoting Andrey Korolyov (2014-09-02 16:29:29)

> > > It is already applied as shown from the list in the previous message
> > > (there are some aio fixes too on top of 2.1 I picked before but they
> > > should not impact vhost-net interaction in any mean). The symptoms are
> >
> > I also had it applied. Not sure what the main difference is with our
> > setups, but can't seem to reproduce it on my end. Also tried FC18 64-bit.
> >
> > I have only 2.1.1 + the 4 commits mentioned in my previous email however,
> > so it may be worth retrying your test with only those applied as a sanity
> > check, or even just testing Michael's tree directly to confirm that the
> > right commit.
>
> I replaced Jason's patch with one including a fix,
> sent pull requests with all new patches that need to be
> in 2.1.1 Cc to stable.
>
> I know Stefan has important fixes for migration in his tree
> as well.

AFAIK that would be these?

  virtio-net: don't run bh on vm stopped
  net: Forbid dealing with packets when VM is not running
  net: prevent sending packets while guest is stopped

> I suspect we'll have to push freeze off by a day or maybe two.

Okay, let's play it by ear then. If there's anything pending by EOD Thursday
(CDT) though we'll need to push out the 2.1.1 release accordingly.