qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-s390x and Linux

From: Robert Święcki
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-s390x and Linux
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 15:55:09 +0200

Hi,

I was trying to run a Linux system under qemu-system-s390x and it works, kinda.. :)

I managed to install both Debian 7 wheezy and Fedora 14 (via some magical tricks like cpio-ing FS from hercules), but there are some problems, most likely with CPU emulation.

I was testing it on a relatively new qemu from the github.

1). Python doesn't work - it works under hercules though (the same / almost identical image), depending on version it throws marshalling assertions.

2). Kernel throws an error upon testing cryptographic routines (they produce different results than the test expects).

It makes me think that there's something "wrong" with CPU emulation here (hercules work well here), and was wondering if there's anybody willing to look at it? I can provide all kinds of debug messages, system images, and compiled kernels.

If not, I'll maybe look into it in some time, but the learning curve is probably non-trivial here :)

--
Robert Święcki