qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v1 4/6] target_arm: Update armv7_init to support m

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v1 4/6] target_arm: Update armv7_init to support more parameters
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 14:59:12 +0100

On 9 September 2014 14:35, Peter Crosthwaite
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Does ARMv7M actually mandate the existence of RAM and flash like this
> at all?

No. It does have a well defined address map that pretty
strongly suggests that you ought to have flash and RAM
at certain addresses, but the flash and RAM are not part
of the CPU core itself.

(Bitbanding, on the other hand, is part of the CPU core
and the memory region setup for it should stay in this
function.)

> Given the complex setup of STM (with the memory aliases etc)
> I'm now of the belief that all RAM and FLASH init should be handled by
> the SoC level.

Agreed.

-- PMM