qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Intel SGX Emulator related

From: Shiva
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Intel SGX Emulator related
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:47:57 -0400

Hello ,
I am new to qemu-development. I am working on emulating Intel SGX instructions
on x86 machines. Basically modifying the qemu code to run the sgx instructions
on x86 machines. I wanted to know what is the good starting point in
understanding the code for qemu.
Basically, Intel SGX CPU’s allow a process to instantiate a secure region of
address space “Enclaves”; It then protects execution of code within the
enclave. I wanted to know what are the important files to look into to achieve
this? And since the Intel SGX hardware is not available, how do I generate
those instructions in the application in order for the qemu to emulate it on
x86 machine. Any help/directions in this regard will help me immensely.