qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] is it possible to use a disk with multiple iothreads ?

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] is it possible to use a disk with multiple iothreads ?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:13:11 +0100 (CET)

>>That's very interesting! Please keep Josh and me in CC when you want to
>>discuss the results.

Here the aggregate results (perf report details attached in this mail)

+  33,02%    3974368751  kvm  [kernel.kallsyms]

+  23,66%    2847206635  kvm  libc-2.13.so

+  18,79%    2262052133  kvm  librados.so.2.0.0

+  11,04%    1328581527  kvm  librbd.so.1.0.0

+   5,87%     706713737  kvm  libpthread-2.13.so

+   3,75%     451690142  kvm  kvm

+   2,74%     329457334  kvm  libstdc++.so.6.0.17

+   0,51%      61519664  kvm  [vdso]

                                                                             +
 0,42%      50000089  kvm  libglib-2.0.so.0.3200.4

                                                                          +
0,15%      18119658  kvm  libm-2.13.so

                                                                         +
0,05%       5705776  kvm  librt-2.13.so

                                                                         +
0,00%        356625  kvm  libz.so.1.2.7

>> 23,66%    2847206635  kvm  libc-2.13.so
This one is mostly malloc,free,...

I see almost same results using fio with rbdengine on the host (outside the kvm
process).
So I think they are all mostly related to librbd.