qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] "File too large" error from "qemu-img snapshot" (was Re

From: Prof. Dr. Michael Schefczyk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] "File too large" error from "qemu-img snapshot" (was Re: AW: Bug Repoting Directions Request)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:48:15 +0000

Dear Paolo,

Thank you very much. To execute the backup, I run a script. For the machine in
question, it looks as follows:

#!/bin/bash
dt=`date +%y%m%d`
qemu-img snapshot -c gatewayb72 /kvm02/gatewayb72.img
qemu-img convert  -f qcow2 -O qcow2 /kvm02/gatewayb72.img
/backup/gatewayb72$dt.img
qemu-img snapshot -d gatewayb72 /kvm02/gatewayb72.img
/bin/find /backup/* -mtime +100 -exec rm {} \;

Regards,

Michael