qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] directly inject packet in vrings and not use NetClient

From: Anshul Makkar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] directly inject packet in vrings and not use NetClient APIs
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:42:44 +0100

Thanks Luke..

Ok, so theoretically it should work.

That's useful suggestions. Let me debug virtio-net driver for possible cause.

Thanks
Anshul Makkar

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Luke Gorrie <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Anshul,

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014, Anshul Makkar <address@hidden> wrote:

I have implemented a usermode app that is using vhost-user backend and gets direct access to the guest vrings. I am able to receive packets but when I post directly to vring and issue kick, packets fails to reach the guest. (ifconfig eth0 RX counter is unchanged. tcpdump also doesn't detect any packets.) .

Sounds to me like something that should work.

I'd suggest debug-compiling the virtio-net driver in the guest to see why it doesn't take the packet. Gets the kick? Processes the used ring? MAC address is accepted? Etc. That has been the most productive approach for me.