qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFA] Always consider infcall breakpoints as non-perman

From: Joel Brobecker
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFA] Always consider infcall breakpoints as non-permanent.
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 14:44:08 +0400

> > And seen from QEMU:
> >
> >     qemu: fatal: Trap 0x02 while interrupts disabled, Error state
> >     [register dump removed]
>
> Bah.  Do you know whether this happens only on SPARC QEMU, or
> is this an issue for all QEMU ports?

According to Fabien, one of our QEMU experts, it's related to the
handling of that specific instruction: it does what the manual says
it should do - when interrupts are disables, the CPU resets. So
while it does not preclude from other ports from having the same
sort of issue, it looks like it's mostly target-specific.

> > gdb/ChangeLog:
> >
> >         * breakpoint.c (bp_loc_is_permanent): Return 0 if LOC corresponds
> >         to a bp_call_dummy breakpoint type.
> Patch is OK.  Thanks Joel.

Thank you. Attached is the patch I checked in with the corrections
you pointed out.

Thanks, Pedro.
--
Joel