qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] mksh on Slackware (was Re: CVS: herc.mirbsd.org: src)

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Qemu-devel] mksh on Slackware (was Re: CVS: herc.mirbsd.org: src)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 12:34:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all!

Thanks for this:

>Commit ID:     100548597A713CD6746
>CVSROOT:       /cvs
>Module name:   src
>Changes by:    address@hidden  2014/12/08 12:20:42 UTC
>
>Modified files:
>       bin/mksh       : Build.sh
>
>Log message:
>port this to GNU bash 1.12.1 from http://www.qemu-advent-calendar.org/#day-1

The image has JOE 0.1.5, some sort of jupp¹-ish editor,
which made me happy. But I’ve got another problem: I can’t
run mksh’s testsuite, whose driver is written in Perl, which
I don’t speak.

address@hidden:/root/mksh # perl -v

This is perl, version 4.0

$RCSfile: perl.c,v $$Revision: 4.0.1.7 $$Date: 92/06/08 14:50:39 $
Patch level: 35

Copyright (c) 1989, 1990, 1991, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 4.0 source kit.

Any help in porting mksh/check.pl² to t̲h̲a̲t̲? ☺

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos
① https://www.mirbsd.org/jupp.htmhttps://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/src/bin/mksh/check.pl?rev=HEAD
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of