qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Unable to loadvm on qemu-system-ppc -M g3beige (keyboard fr

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Unable to loadvm on qemu-system-ppc -M g3beige (keyboard freeze)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:17:25 +0000

Hi all,

Whilst trying to debug a regression, I've found that I can't
successfully execute a savevm/restart/loadvm sequence in qemu-system-ppc
-M g3beige. The loadvm command succeeds after the restart, however the
keyboard remains unresponsive making it impossible to continue from
where I left off.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Launch qemu-system-ppc as follows:

qemu-system-ppc -M g3beige -hda tmp.qcow2 -prom-env 'auto-boot?=false'

2) Switch to the monitor in order to pause the VM and save

(qemu) stop
(qemu) savevm test
(qemu) c

3) Switch back to the VGA display and confirm the keyboard works

4) Close qemu-system-ppc

5) Restart qemu-system-ppc with -loadvm options

qemu-system-ppc -M g3beige -prom-env 'auto-boot?=false' -loadvm test

After the restart the keyboard is frozen and unresponsive. Some
preliminary poking with gdb before and after seems to indicate that the
cuda_receive_packet() functions aren't being called after the restart
indicating that likely some state is missing from the savevm image and
not being restored correctly. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be
going wrong?

ATB,

Mark.