qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help on QOM

From: boddu pavan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help on QOM
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:32:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have some question on using QOM, new to QEMU and will be great if i can put some answers for below question.

1) If QEMU is considered to be OOP, How is the relation between a Class and Object. I see in c++ we do not create a classobject there will be a object of a class. But here i see both a classobject and an instance object( if i'm not wrong we call it as state). What is the relation between two, where particularly i should use each one ?

2) I see every peripheral state has object inherited, So can i assume there is only one root object for all the devices in my qemu design. Are there any others?

3) In type info we point out Class_init, instance_init. Are these both called up when emulating a two devices of same type( i.e emulating uarts of same type, uart1 and uart0.)

Thanks,
Sai Pavan