qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Delaying -rc0?

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Delaying -rc0?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 13:26:59 +0100

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 12:14:21AM +0900, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 4 March 2015 at 00:07, Marcel Apfelbaum <address@hidden> wrote:
> > In the mean time this series depends on Igor's ACPI dynamic series that took
> > a lot of time to review and even Michael's PULL request with it is not yet
> > in master.
>
> You can view this as an argument against enormous pull requests
> with nearly a hundred patches in them -- they're much more likely
> to hit multiple issues in submission with minor things that need
> fixing, simply because of their size...
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Right. There were acpi changes by Igor and PCI changes by Markus,
trying to merge them at once is what created this.
I guess I could instead just do two unrelated pull requests
that can be merged in parallel. Though in Marcel's case, the
problems were all in Igor's patches and these are exactly
the ones Marcel's code depends on.

--
MST