qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI passthrough of 40G ethernet interface (Openstack/KV

From: jacob jacob
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI passthrough of 40G ethernet interface (Openstack/KVM)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:13:44 -0400

After update to latest firmware and using version 1.2.37 of i40e
driver, things are looking better with PCI passthrough.

]# ethtool -i eth3
driver: i40e
version: 1.2.37
firmware-version: f4.33.31377 a1.2 n4.42 e1930
bus-info: 0000:00:07.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: yes

There are still issues running dpdk 1.8.0 from the VM using the pci
passthrough devices and looks like it puts the devices in a bad state.
i40e driver will not bind after this happens and a host reboot is
required to recover.
I'll post further updates as i make progress.
Thanks for all the help.