qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] arm: semihosting: Preliminary AArch64 support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] arm: semihosting: Preliminary AArch64 support
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:05:30 +0000

On 27 March 2015 at 16:57, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 27 Mar 2015, at 18:22, Christopher Covington <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Here are a few patches preparing for and adding AArch64 Angel
>> semihosting support.
>
> please note that the semihosting support is still incomplete,

Christopher's patchset is just intended to bring 64-bit ARM
support into line with the 32-bit ARM support, so it's
orthogonal to any improvements to command line config switches.

> the code to pass the semihosting command line is not in; we
> discussed a lot about this, I fixed it in my fork (GNU ARM
> Eclipse QEMU), I prepared some patches, but finally they were
> not included.

We should pick those back up -- I think we sort of stalled
because it wasn't clear that you were happy with the double-comma
thing. It does fit in with the rest of QEMU's (ugly) command
line syntax, though...

-- PMM