[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 24/28] qapi: Merge UserDefTwo and UserDefNest
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 24/28] qapi: Merge UserDefTwo and UserDefNested in tests
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:30:48 -0600
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.5.0
On 03/27/2015 03:52 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:
>> In the testsuite, UserDefTwo and UserDefNested were identical
>> types other than the member names. Reduce code duplication by
>> having just one type, and choose names that also favor reuse.
>> This will also make it easier for a later patch to get rid of
>> inline nested types in QAPI; it means that the type is now boxed
>> instead of unboxed in C code, but has no difference to the QMP
>> wire protocol.
> I can't see a change from boxed to unboxed in this patch. Does the
> remark apply to the elimination of nested types? If yes, it's premature
May be a stale comment; either as the result of too much copy-and-paste
between similar patches 25 and 26, or as the result of begin first
written last September and several of your tree cleanups hitting the git
repo in the meantime. I'll clean up the commit wording in v6.
>> When touching code to add new allocations, also
>> convert existing allocations to consistently prefer typesafe
>> g_new0 over g_malloc0.
> I can't see any change from g_malloc0() to g_new0(). Is this stale?
>> Ensure that 'make check-qapi-schema check-unit' still passes.
>> Signed-off-by: Eric Blake <address@hidden>
Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 21/28] qapi: Require valid names, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 27/28] qapi: Drop inline nested types in query-pci, Eric Blake, 2015/03/24
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 28/28] qapi: Drop support for inline nested types, Eric Blake, 2015/03/24
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 24/28] qapi: Merge UserDefTwo and UserDefNested in tests, Eric Blake, 2015/03/24
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 25/28] qapi: Drop tests for inline nested structs, Eric Blake, 2015/03/24
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 00/28] drop qapi nested structs, Markus Armbruster, 2015/03/27
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 00/28] drop qapi nested structs, Markus Armbruster, 2015/03/29