qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] E5-2620v2 - emulation stop error

From: Andrey Korolyov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] E5-2620v2 - emulation stop error
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:12:32 +0300

A small update:

the behavior is caused by setting unrestricted_guest feature to N, I
had this feature disabled everywhere from approx. three years ago when
its enablement was one of suspects of the host crashes with
contemporary then KVM module. Also nVMX is likely to not work at all
and produce the same traces as in https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/17/12
without unrestricted_guest=1. I think this fact actually explaining
all real mode weirdness we`ve seen before and this should be probably
ended either by putting appropriate bits in a README or module
information or making strict dependency between
apicv/unrestricted_guest+nested/unrestricted_guest or fixing the issue
at its root if this is possible or appropriate solution. Thanks
everyone for keeping up with ideas through this thread!