qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtio/vhost find queues, which virtqueue is which

From: Catalin Vasile
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtio/vhost find queues, which virtqueue is which
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:42:59 +0300

How can I tell which virtqueue is which?
I'm trying to make 2 virtqueues:
1) control vq between qemu and guest
2) data/job vq between vhost and guest

I went through find_vqs() inside the guest (virtio-net), but I can't
tell how it associates which one is the rx queue, which one is tx, and
which one is the control queue.
Inside qemu-vhost module, when it sets the notifiers for vhost, I see
that it only reaches the virtio-dev's bus, but I don't actually see it
referencing/matching a virtio-dev queue with a vhost-dev queue(I don't
see anything like set_notifiers(&vhost-dev.vq[i], &virtio-dev.vq[i]).
I don't see how it manages NOT to install a notifier for the control
virtqueue along with those for rx/tx virtqueues.