qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] seccomp breakage on arm

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] seccomp breakage on arm
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:32:51 +0100

On 9 April 2015 at 22:27, Paul Moore <address@hidden> wrote:
> Regardless, I think I see what the problem is, and if I'm correct it affects
> time, umount, stime, alarm, utime, getrlimit, select, readdir, mmap,
> socketcall, syscall, and ipc.  I'm traveling at the moment so a patch may be a
> bit delayed, but I'll be sure to CC you on the fix in case you are able to do
> some testing.

I was expecting seccomp 2.2.x to fix this by not requiring the
existence in particular of *any* __NR_* define. If you don't
make the header cope with any of them being missing then this
is going to continue to be fragile and liable to breakage on
new architectures into the future, I suspect :-(

For the moment I think we should revert the "2.2 is OK on
ARM" QEMU configure patch for QEMU's 2.3 release, and go
back to the status-quo of "assume this only works on x86".

thanks
-- PMM