qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] make test fails on Mac OS X

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] make test fails on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 22:31:42 +0100

On 11 April 2015 at 21:25, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Similar in spirit to some of those tests, I had been thinking about
> testing linux-user by running host binaries, comparing native and
> emulated output. make check only covers the softmmus today.

Yeah. I run the linux-user-test binaries from http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing
as a smoke-test that we haven't totally broken things. I think
Riku has a more comprehensive set of tests. There's also the
LTP linux-test-project tests, though those are pretty heavyweight.

The thing I usually end up getting stuck on with linux-user
tests is how you make this (a) runnable by anybody (b) reproducible
(c) gpl-compliant where relevant (d) easy for anybody to update
the tests. The first and arguably the second of those requires
"doesn't need a target toolchain when running 'make check'", but
the second two argue for "don't check binary blobs into git"...

-- PMM