qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QUESTION:use tlb with alignment address

From: pandayt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QUESTION:use tlb with alignment address
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:18:43 +0800 (CST)

hi all,
  When translate a read/write instruction, qemu will check tlb first, but why alignment is needed when read/write data is 2/4/8 bytes?

  For example, if there's a instruction which read a double word(such as mov ebx, [eax]), and the source address(i.e. eax) is 0x00401003, not aligns by 4. So the generated code can not use the tlb but jump to helper_ld_xxx function, we know that the 'helper' function is much more slower than tlb.

  I think when reading memory, no mater 1byte, 2byte, 4byte, we can use tlb as long as the data in the same page.
  Am I right?
  Thanks.