qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Multiple monitors

From: tom289332
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Multiple monitors
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:45:23 -0400

Hello,

What are the possible ways to use multiple monitors with qemu (running locally)?

(I asked this on qemu-discuss last week, but got no responses, so I'm trying
here.)

I read somewhere that spice supports multiple monitors. But I'm worried that
with spice being network-based, it won't be fast enough for video playback
(I've tried vnc, and it was too slow). Is it possible to have one monitor use
sdl and the other to use spice/vnc/anything?

And I saw somewhere something about multiple monitors in sdl2, but I can't find
anything relevant in the manpage. Does sdl2 support multiple monitors?

I appreciate any other suggestions or solutions too.

Thanks!