qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-blk and virtio-scsi performance comparison

From: Konstantin Krotov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-blk and virtio-scsi performance comparison
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:53:32 +0300

16.04.2015 14:57, Paolo Bonzini пишет:

On 16/04/2015 13:17, Konstantin Krotov wrote:
In my production system i'm interested to use io=thread, becouse i
export MD raid1 devices to guest's and i need to read from the MD device
performs balanced between raid1 legs (it's true only if io=thread).

Can you detail the problem more?  That could be a kernel bug.

Paolo

I connect to the host system, two storage systems as block devices. Both block devices combine md-raid1. md-device use as disk for virtual machine. If i use io=native, read perform only from one of two raid1 legs. I'd like to distribute the load reading between two raid1 legs, but md-raid1 implementation it does only if set io=thread.

--
WBR
Konstantin V. Krotov