qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch v5] ui/cocoa.m: Adds console items to the View m

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch v5] ui/cocoa.m: Adds console items to the View menu
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 17:55:20 -0400

On May 17, 2015, at 5:37 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 17 May 2015 at 21:09, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You know how there's a "Zoom To Fit" menu item. What if we added a
>> mutually exclusive menu item called "Resize To Fit"? This menu item
>> would instead adjust the host screen's resolution to match that of the
>> guest screen's resolution. It can be implemented in its own patch if
>> you like the idea.
>
> Do any other VM/emulator type programs for OSX do that?
Connectix Virtual PC 3.

> It sounds
> rather odd -- wouldn't we run into the same "changing resolution
> makes OSX move all your other windows around" problems we had with
> an earlier version of the fullscreen patches?
It would cause those problems, but shouldn't the user decide what is and
isn't acceptable? Some users might like the convenience of having QEMU do
all the work to make the screen look good.

I think SDL solved this problem some how. I was using a fullscreen program that
used
SDL and it managed to change the resolution without messing up all the windows.
So
I think there is a way to solve this problem. Maybe someone out there might be
willing
to share...