qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows2012R2 virtio-win drivers and IPv6

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows2012R2 virtio-win drivers and IPv6
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 16:07:00 +0200

Hi,

we observed problems with Windows Update Services and Uploading Files from a
Windows System to other systems.
We tracked this down to IPv6 connections only. IPv4 and IPv6 in Receive
direction seems to be not a problem.
It turned out that setting TCP/UDP Checksum Offloading for IPv6 from "RX/TX enabled" to
RX "enabled" in the
Network Driver settings solved the issue. I remember similar problems existed
with Linux some time ago.
Linux guests on the same host are also not an issue.

Is this a known issue? I tried latest and stable drivers from the Fedora
Website.

Thanks,
Peter