qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Memory subsystems

From: Josias Marcos Orlando
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Memory subsystems
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:56:01 -0400

Hello,
I'm a undergrad student in Computer Engineering currently running some simulations using QEMU.

I would like to know if anyone ever tried to allocate more than one RAM memory region in the QEMU call.
I want to do a multilevel DRAM memory system. Like with L1 and L2 cache but using the DRAM memory instead.
I know it looks silly to do something like this using DRAM, but I have some ideas for later, I would like to know if it's possible change QEMU to allocate two times the RAM memory during the QEMU invocation so that the OS recognize it as 2 separated memories.

Thank you.

Regards

--
Josias Marcos Orlando
Graduando de Engenharia de Computação - UFSM