qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] openbios.git mirror on git.qemu.org

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] openbios.git mirror on git.qemu.org
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 09:53:26 +0200

On 2015-06-11 23:34, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 09/06/15 11:22, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

> >> They mean we can't literally just point our submodule at upstream,
> >> because upstream isn't a git repo and submodules must point
> >> at git repos. (However I think we generally prefer to point at
> >> a git.qemu.org mirror of upstream's repo anyway.)

> >> Sounds reasonable.

> >> It's also an obvious problem in terms of tracability and trust
> >> of the code we're shipping to people... We must fix this for 2.4
> >> (or ideally ASAP) I think.
> >
> > Okay.  I will set up a cronjob to use git-svn to grab the latest
> > OpenBIOS from upstream soon.
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> As it's freeze coming up, I need to send an OpenBIOS pull request fairly
> soon. Do you need anything from me to get this done beforehand?

For what I can see on the server, I confirm that the openbios.git
repository on git.qemu.org is point to a git server with a static IP.
Ideally we should run our own git-svn on the server.

Unfortunately the directory is owned by aliguori:aliguori so only
Anthony or an admin can probably fix that.

Aurelien

address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net