qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v3 0/8] Fix QEMU crash during memory hotplug with

From: Andrey Korolyov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v3 0/8] Fix QEMU crash during memory hotplug with vhost=on
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 23:45:31 +0300

> This means that the issue is fixed elsewhere during rc, I am not
> promising to find a commit quickly, but I would elaborate as fast as
> possible in a spare time. Apologies again for messing things up a
> little.

Unfortunately it looks like that the fix is quantative rather than
qualitative - with 2.3.0 it is easier to expose the issue with lower
amount of dimms, while for mentioned tag <8G configurations with 512M
dimms have a very low chance to hit the corruption. I`ve moved test
cycle to the 2G->16G memory update (31 DIMM in total) configuration
and now always experiencing a crash during plug->migration cycle with
running fio job inside. Anyway, commit which reduced the bug
appearance ratio is still a target for me as it can shed some light to
its nature.