qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 2/3] ahci: Force ICC bits in PxCMD to zero

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 2/3] ahci: Force ICC bits in PxCMD to zero
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 12:38:00 +0100

On 20 July 2015 at 19:29, John Snow <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Stefan Fritsch <address@hidden>
>
> The AHCI spec requires that the HBA sets the ICC bits to zero after the
> ICC change is done. Since we don't do any ICC change, force the bits to
> zero all the time.
>
> This fixes delays with some OSs (e.g. OpenBSD) waiting for the ICC bits
> to change to 0.

This change provokes a lot of clang sanitizer warnings:

/home/petmay01/linaro/qemu-for-merges/hw/ide/ahci.c:288:49: runtime
error: left shift of 15 by 28 places cannot be represented in type
'int'

PORT_CMD_ICC_MASK is defined as

 #define PORT_CMD_ICC_MASK         (0xf << 28) /* i/f ICC state mask */

which shifts into the sign bit of a signed integer.

thanks
-- PMM