qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Recent patches for 2.4

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Recent patches for 2.4
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:22:05 +0200

On 31/07/2015 10:12, Peter Lieven wrote:
> Hi Paolo, hi Stefan,
>
> you submitted some fixes for 2.4 recently. None of the folloing had
> qemu-stable in CC. Is this not stable material?

In general I send less and less patches to qemu-stable as we get closer
to the new release, because I'm not sure anymore if they apply.

Let's look at your list:

> ca96ac4 AioContext: force event loop iteration using BH
> a076972 AioContext: avoid leaking BHs on cleanup
> fed105e virtio-blk-dataplane: delete bottom half before the AioContext is
> freed
> 05e514b AioContext: optimize clearing the EventNotifier
> 21a03d1 AioContext: fix broken placement of event_notifier_test_and_clear
> eabc977 AioContext: fix broken ctx->dispatching optimization

These could in principle be backported, but the bug was only visible on
aarch64 hosts and only in relatively special circumstances (UEFI
firmware, KVM, virtio-scsi, many disks) so I didn't Cc qemu-stable.

> 52c91da memory: do not add a reference to the owner of aliased regions

This could be backported, yes.  Feel free to send it to qemu-stable.
However, the bug was only visible with virtio 1.

> edec47c main-loop: fix qemu_notify_event for aio_notify optimization

Part of the above AioContext series.

> deb809e memory: count number of active VGA logging clients

Not this one, it's new in 2.5.

> ab28bd2 rcu: actually register threads that have RCU read-side critical
> sections

Probably has conflicts, but can be sent to qemu-stable.

> 9172f42 qemu-char: handle EINTR for TCP character devices

Can be sent to qemu-stable if it applies to 2.4.

Paolo