qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Debian 7.8.0 SPARC64 on qemu - anything i can do to spe

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Debian 7.8.0 SPARC64 on qemu - anything i can do to speedup the emulation?
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:59:17 +0200

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Dennis Luehring <address@hidden> wrote:
> ok - NetBSD 6.5.1 SPARC64 is blasting fast compare to Debian 7.8.0 SPARC64 -
> i installed the complete system (without X) in a few minutes
> Debian needs >1h

I had the same experience with OpenBSD for sparc64, also fast to
install. The problem is that this is due to simplicity and amount of
data/bins to install and not due to fact qemu got miraculously faster
with *bsd sparc64 bins I'm afraid. IIRC mu compile nbench2 benchmark
reveals +- the same performance on sparc64/openbsd and on
sparc64/sparc32-userland debian.