qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] wav output sounds good - what does this mean?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] wav output sounds good - what does this mean?
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 19:04:27 +0100

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Programmingkid
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On second thought, I will send you audio samples of both live playback and
> wav output in a second email.

Thanks.  In my reply I mentioned that there is definitely a timing
problem because the song was at a slower tempo in the live audio
capture.  That is either caused by buffer timing issues or by a bad
sample rate conversion algorithm (I haven't checked how QEMU does it).

There's a third possibility if you're using the ALSA sound system on
the host.  Make sure no other applications are accessing the ALSA
device.  This includes PulseAudio.

I've heard weird issues like this when multiple applications use a
sound device and change settings (e.g. sample rate) at the same time.
You can use pavucontrol to disable PulseAudio on the sound device, if
necessary.

Stefan