qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [wiki] New wiki page - vhost-user setup with ovs/dpdk backe

From: Marcel Apfelbaum
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [wiki] New wiki page - vhost-user setup with ovs/dpdk backend
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 22:51:19 +0300

Hi,

The page describes how to setup an environment that allows testing/developing
vhost-user using ovs (with dpdk) as backend.

A regular pc machine can be used, no need for several hosts, a 'dpdk enabled'
NIC or 1G huge-pages.

The goal is to connect guests' virtio-net devices having vhost-user backend to
OVS dpdkvhostuser ports
and be able to run any kind of network traffic between them.

The page can be found at:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/vhost-user-ovs-dpdk

I want to keep it as simple as possible.
If you see steps that can be skipped or unneeded configuration please let me
know
or feel free to update the page.

Thanks,
Marcel