qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] About qemu-kvm branch

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] About qemu-kvm branch
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:06:49 +0800

On Tue, 09/15 14:51, tseng gogo wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>     Sorry in advance that I am not sure that if I ask this question here is
> appropriate. I am new to use KVM and want to do some research in qemu-kvm
> live migration.
>
>     In my environment, I install centos 7.0 with rpm install qemu-kvm
> 1.5.3, but what I want to do research is the source code. So I try to find
> qemu-kvm 1.5.3 on the Internet, but there is nothing I can find.
>
>     I tried to git clone to git://
> git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git, but the qemu-kvm which I git
> clone is version 1.2.5.
>
>     Can someone tell me that where can I find the qemu-kvm 1.5.3 source
> code branch? Also what I have googled saying that qemu-kvm fork is
> deprecated, is this mean that if we want to use the latest version
> qemu-kvm, we should download the qemu and configure it?
>
>     Thank everyone in advance!

Hi!

Nowadays qemu-kvm in CentOS is actually based on QEMU instead of the foregone
qemu-kvm fork, since qemu-kvm got merged back to QEMU years ago. The srpm is
not hard to find if you tried to google "how to download source rpm in centos
7":

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM

http://vault.centos.org/7.0.1406/os/Source/SPackages/qemu-kvm-1.5.3-60.el7.src.rpm

[BTW, qemu-stable and qemu-trivial are for particular patch contribution, not
for general discussion. Please just send to qemu-devel and/or qemu-discussion
next time.]

Fam