qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/20] Do away with TB retranslation

From: Dennis Luehring
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/20] Do away with TB retranslation
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:19:50 +0200

Am 15.09.2015 um 22:19 schrieb Richard Henderson:
Indeed.  It would indeed be good to add a bunch of bare-metal tests.
Pre-compiled and checked in so that one doesn't have to have a suite of
cross-compilers in order to use them.

OTOH, I don't see myself (or anyone else) really having the time to do that.

im working on that - i've got an clfs (clfs.org) based script that generates a sparc64-64 cross-compile suite and a sparc64-64 linux system with my benchmark tests (prime, stream working, g++ pugixml missing) starting from an initamfs+ramdisk - currently it is still too big (no stripping done, too many packages installed)
but i will reduce that

next steps:
-get the base system and benchmarks running
-create an script that startups qemu,run tests,collect results,shutdown
-mips64-64, alpha