qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Virtio device "exit" function

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Virtio device "exit" function
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:32:00 +0000

Hello,

I am working on adding a virtio device to support a PCIe card (PCIe pass-through wasn't an option). I need to do some cleanup when a VM that is using this device is shutdown. It doesn't seem like the device_unrealize function runs on shutdown unlike the device_realize function that runs when the VM is started. I've been tracing through other virtio device code to try and figure out what "exit" type functions will run for other devices when a VM is shutdown but haven't had any luck with that yet.

When does a virtio device's unrealize function run?

What function, if any, runs for a virtio device when a VM is shutdown?

Regards,
Chris