qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration sequence

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration sequence
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:41:42 +0300

 Hello!

> Our idea at the discussion at Connect was to have an ioctl to request
> a flush, rather than to do it automatically when a CPU is stopped
> (you probably don't want to flush when only one CPU in an SMP system
> is stopped, for instance).

 Yes, you're right. Looks like this would be more complicated but better way to
do the thing. I'll look at migration state notifier mechanism.

> But we wanted to get the basic no-ITS ABI sorted out and agreed first

 Yes, this is good idea, too much changes otherwise. But here at Samsung we
have a project, and it has deadlines, so please understand that i try to do
things quickly.
 Of course, you see that as soon as i make something, i post it at least as
RFCs, because i don't want to have something misdesigned, which will be dropped
afterwards. Cooperation with OSS is one of goals of our project.

 Thank you very much for your cooperation and explanations.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia