qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v3 00/18] Record/replay core for 2.5-rc1

From: dovgaluk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v3 00/18] Record/replay core for 2.5-rc1
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:12:37 +0300

Paolo Bonzini писал 2015-11-06 15:59:
On 06/11/2015 13:26, Peter Maydell wrote:
Applied, thanks. Let's hope it doesn't break too much :-)

(Seriously, it's good to see this getting into the tree finally.
Do we have some documentation we can point to in the
release notes about how to use it?)

Unfortunately, I don't think it's very usable yet.  It needs a
synchronous block device (such as -sd) and a framebuffer to give
instructions (since neither character devices nor network are supported
yet).

Actually, it is already usable in some cases.
You can specify kernel and ramdisk in command line.
There shoudn't be any block devices, network and serial adapters
connected to simulator.

Pavel, can you prepare a page on the wiki?

Some details are presented on page http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/record-replay

Pavel Dovgalyuk